Our caring and compassionate veterinary care team!
Meet the Veterinarians & Team of Mountain Ridge Animal Hospital in Lafayette! We’re pleased to provide exceptional vet care for your pets!
Please call us at 303-557-7916 to speak to one of our caring veterinary staff members!
Motivated by her compassion and enthusiasm, Jenny comes to work every day prepared to give her all to help her patients. She invested a lot of time and effort to become a really remarkable veterinarian—she can even do acupuncture on your dog!
With her luminous smile and jubilant laughter, Jenny fills our hospital halls with sunshine. Having devoted over a decade of her life to caring for patients that come to Mountain Ridge, her dedication to this field is illustrated in her work every day. Her compassion for animals and their owners is outshone only by her love for her three-year-old son, August. Jenny’s interest in animals expands to the equine realm, where she has a history of riding Dressage. In her downtime, Jenny enjoys hanging with friends and family and heading to the mountains for some hiking. She has hiked several 14ers; her favorites were the four peaks of the Presidential Range.
Tidbits and Trifles
1. Tropical taste: Jenny has traveled to several exotic destinations, including Antigua, the Bahamas, Costa Rica, and Hawaii.
2. Sweet tooth: Her favorite foods include ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, and dark chocolate with sea salt.
3. Curiouser and Curiouser: The strangest thing Jenny has ever tasted was an elderberry flower; she had it in a cocktail exclusive to the Chandelier Bar in Las Vegas’ Cosmopolitan hotel.
4. Puppy preference: Her favorite dog breeds are Boxers and Labrador Retrievers.
A Day in the Life:
What do you enjoy most about veterinary medicine?
I love the constant challenge; no two days are alike. Best of all is seeing and being able to foster the human-animal bond. It’s incredible how important our animals are as our companions, and every day I strive to be a part of making them well and helping keep them healthy.
Do you have a personal philosophy when it comes to patient care?
No two animals are exactly alike. My philosophy is to treat each patient for their individual needs as well as what is right for their human family.
What is your favorite song to jumpstart your day?
I really like anything energetic that has a good beat!
What is your idea of a perfect day hike?
If I’m staying in town, I really enjoy hiking Sanitas. If I have time to leave town, my favorite hike is Mohawk Lakes in Breckenridge.
With her gentle soul and caring heart, Erin couldn’t be more perfectly suited for a veterinary career.
The Mountain Ridge staff is lucky to count Erin as a part of our family. Gifted with patience and compassion, her presence here radiates kindness and positivity. Outside of work, her family had a recent expansion with the addition of baby boy Lewis! She has been very busy being a first-time mom, and she reports that her experience so far includes lots of diapers, laundry, and love. She also enjoys being a mom to two fur babies, Captain Scurvy Purr the black and white domestic shorthair, and Watson the orange tabby. A Colorado native, Erin was born and raised in Boulder. She spends her spare time running, hiking, and hanging out with her awesome husband, Blake.
Tidbits and Trifles
1. Foodie: Erin will eat pretty much anything; she’ll at least try everything once!
2. Disney gal: She loves all things Disney! She and her husband spent their honeymoon at Disney World and had a blast.
3. Gifted from the start: Erin was born on Christmas Day. Instead of wrapping her in a baby blanket, the hospital put her in a Christmas stocking.
4. DIY junkie: She loves home improvement shows and could watch HGTV all day long. (She admits that she has occasionally watched it all day long, thanks to maternity leave!)
A Day in the Life:
On your adventure in motherhood, what do you think has been your favorite part so far? What are you most looking forward to?
My favorite part so far has been seeing Lewis smile! It melts my heart every time he does it. I am looking forward to teaching him new things each day. I hope Blake and I can raise him to be a kind, open-minded person.
What is the mantra that gets you through the day?
Attitude is everything! Although I sometimes lose sight of this, life is so much better when I try to see the positive side of things.
Do you have a personal philosophy for practicing veterinary medicine?
I try to treat each pet as I would treat my own!